According to the security rules, the related companies must take reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical, and physical precautions to protect E-PHI and companies can also take HIPAA compliance support. In particular, the websites covered must:
Image Source: Google
• Guarantee the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of all E-PHI that you create, receive, manage or send;
• Identification and protection against moderately anticipated threats to the security or sincerity of information;
• Protection against use or disclosure that is reasonably expected and unacceptable; and
• Ensure labor compliance
HIPAA COMPLIANCE: ADMINISTRATIVE PREVENTION
• Security management processes. Identify and analyze potential risks to E-PHI and implement security measures that reduce risks and vulnerabilities to an appropriate and reasonable level.
• Security. Designate a security officer who is responsible for developing and implementing the security policy and procedures.