Because of the many physical activities involved in sports, players are always vulnerable to injury. The treatment of sports injuries depends on different factors such as the seriousness of the injury and affected body parts.
In cases of mild tension or sprains, the following methods can be used for healing:
1. The player must protect the affected part from further injury. You can also look online for Long Island senior rehabilitation
2. In the case of fatigue or illness, the player must rest properly. If needed, canes or crutches can be used to protect injured knees or ankles.
3. If there is swelling, ice packs can be applied for up to half an hour. Ice packs must be wrapped in a towel to avoid ice burns. Elastic compression bandages can also be used to limit swelling.
4. Various pain killers such as paracetamol, ibuprofen, aspirin, etc. can be used to cure pain caused by sprains and fractures. But aspirin is not intended for those who have not reached the age of sixteen.
5. In case of injury, the movement must be limited as much as possible to give rest to the injured person. The sling can be used to immobilize the shoulder or arm.
6. In cases of constant inflammation, cortisone can be injected in the bruise to prevent pain. But this injection should not be used more than twice in six months.
7. Methods related to physiotherapies such as massage and manipulation can be used to cure pain in a sports rehabilitation center.