Vision therapy is becoming more popular among people with vision problems. This includes children and adults. Have you ever wondered why? This is healthy physical therapy. Its goal is to train the eye system to correct itself.
An eye remedy specialist in Toronto will conduct an examination of the patient. The doctor will conduct an eye exam to determine the patient's vision problems and recommend a customized treatment plan. Vision therapy may include special training eyeglasses and exercises as well as the use of computer software and eye patches.
After the eye exam, the vision therapy plan that will best suit your needs will be developed. It may include the following activities:
* Use an eye patch during the therapy.
* Solve letter-finding puzzles
* Use tinted glasses or tinted plastic to cover the reading material
There are many benefits to vision therapy, some of which can be found here.
* It can be used to treat common vision problems for children such as the lazy eye (Amblyopia), double vision (Diplopia), cross-eyed (Strabismus), and double vision (Diplopia). It is non-surgical and has no side effects.
* This is a great treatment for adults who suffer from stress and those who spend hours staring at their smartphone, tablet, or laptop. A doctor can recommend exercises to correct such problems.
* This can be a tremendous benefit for people with visual disabilities such as poor binocular coordination, attention and concentration problems, learning-associated vision issues, and visual rehabilitation for special populations.